- "We are stoked to announce never-before-pressed onto vinyl recordings of the classic Green Day songs "2000 Light Years Away" and "She". Presenting Green Day’s The BBC Sessions Part 1, Limited Edition 7” Vinyl! This badass platinum white vinyl features newly mastered recordings from a live 1994 performance on BBC Radio One in England. We want to make sure you get a chance to get this limited special release, so we are giving first dibs to our awesome Oakland Coffee Club subscribers."
- — The Oakland Coffee Team
The BBC Sessions Part 1 was recorded live during the Dookie World Tour on June 8, 1994 at Maida Vale Studios in London, England, U.K. for play on BBC Radio One. These recordings have notoriously been included on many bootlegs, but did not recieve an official release until 2021 when Green Day announced they would be remastering them to release as their seventh live album, BBC Sessions.
To promote the album Green Day released two limited edition EPs, each containing two songs from the recordings: The BBC Sessions Part 1 and The BBC Sessions Part 2.
Pre-orders for the The BBC Sessions Part 1 were put up on the Oakland Coffee Works website on July 4, 2021, exclusively for subscribers of the Oakload Coffee Club. The album was released on July 19, 2021.
All lyrics written by Billie Joe Armstrong, all music composed by Green Day except "2000 Light Years Away" written by Green Day, Jesse Michaels, Pete Rypins and Dave Henwood.
|A1||"She"||June 8, 1994 in London, England, U.K.||2:11|
|B1||"2000 Light Years Away"||June 8, 1994 in London, England, U.K.||2:38|
- Miti Adhikari – producer
- Steve Lamacq - host
- Brian M. Viveros – artwork
- Heng Leng - coloring
- Kristen Willsher – design, layout
- Yasamine June – additional artwork
- Reprise Records - label (under exclusive license)
- BBC - label, publishers
- Maida Vale Studios - recording studio
- Oakland Coffee House - manufacturers, distributers
- Green Day releasing two ‘1994 BBC Sessions’ tracks on vinyl. The Music Universe (July 4, 2021).